The Young Business Leaders of Nigeria is a network of “young business leaders” established to evolve creative methods of solving the unemployment crisis in Nigeria.
Presently, over forty million Nigerians (40,000,000) of employable age are unemployed. This figure represents almost a third of Nigeria’s growing population.
YBLN is a focused attempt at getting a large mass of young people off the sidelines and passionately, proactively involved in evolving and maintaining strategies and actions that would help reduce this untenable rate of unemployment.
The key target is to reduce the rate of youth unemployment by 3% by December 2016.
The YBLN Budding Entrepreneurs Program would take place over a 6-week period commencing from 3rd September – 16th October 2016. The program will feature academic and personal development content. Subsequently, continuous capacity building, free business advisory support, mentoring and networking opportunities would be offered to participants.
- Applicant must not be younger than 18 or older than 35 as at 31st January, 2016.
- Applicant must be able to write and speak English.
- Applicant must have a track record of past achievements in their communities.
- Applicant must have a start-up that should have been in existence for a minimum of ONE year and NOT older than THREE years.
- Applicant must exude passion, personal drive and initiative.
- Due to the physically demanding program schedule, expectant or nursing mothers are not eligible to apply.
- Applicant must be religion tolerant and non-discriminatory in approach or relations.
- Applicant must be prepared and ready to devote an uninterrupted time of 6weeks to the BE Programme. In the event an applicant has to take an interrupted leave of absence, this will lead to automatic dismissal. Exceptions due to emergency cases will be handled on a case by case basis.
- Applicant must be a Nigerian national with a birth certificate, valid national ID card, driver’s license, international passport or voter’s card to prove.
- Applicants must not be past or current beneficiaries of grants or seed fund awards from similar programmes.
- Applicants should not be actively in formal education or in session/semester.
Click here to start your application now!!!
This is a rampant issue with African ladies above 30 years of age.
Let’s help our sisters find a lasting solution.
Please leave a message…